It seems the fashion in BlogLand at this time of year is to review 2014. To be honest, aside from the safe and lovely arrival of Granddaughter Number 2 - Elizabeth - I don't have a great deal to review, not that wouldn't cause much yawning amongst the masses anyway. Andy has had a far more exciting year, what with his 5 stone weight loss and his application for Great British Bake Off being sent off last week.
But moi? I suppose I have written a novel in a month and learned lots of new embroidery skills but other than that, not much else upon which to reminisce. Let's shut the door on that one, then, and look forward to 2015!
Before I pass you on to our resident Almond Yakkian, Primrose, I shall mention a few 'Notes to Self.' And these are:
1) Be careful when handling logs for the wood-burner. Remember what happened on Christmas Day? The stabbing of the forefinger with a MAHOOSIVE splinter, and the subsequent removal of aforesaid splinter and the loud swearing elicited at the point of removal? Just be careful, okay?
2) Support your mad daughter, Heather, as she embarks on her new teaching career. Remember how determined you were when you did your teaching qualification. Remember that the crying episodes become less frequent as time goes by and remind Heather of this often. And also that those little people in front of her are just children, that is all - not demons from Hell.
3) Choose your friends wisely and carefully. Do not let them choose you, not if you value your time, sanity and ability to trust.
4) Low key Christmases are good! They keep you in touch with what really matters and keep you away from jam-packed town centres populated with complete nutters.
5) Keep writing. Keep sewing. Keep reading. Keep laughing. Keep dancing.
And now for the sensible stuff...may I present to you, fresh from buffing her crystal ball and shuffling her Tarot - Miss Primrose Malarkey - soothsayer extraordinaire and presenter of our very own Old Hen's Almond Yak 2015!!!