I actually believe I have exhausted decluttering. It has been a lengthy process involving choosing a room/ cupboard/drawer/box and sorting through it, and putting away 'for keeps' stuff, then distributing the resultant tat 'twixt charity shop/ Ebay/local tip/recycle centre, then, after about 5 days, returning to the same room/cupboard/drawer/box and repeating the process because, I have discovered, if you have a 'for keeps' item you are not wholly sure about, then after a few days of back-of-the-mind consideration, the aforesaid item will find its way out of the front door to the charity shop/Ebay/local tip/recycle centre. Sometimes it takes longer to let go of some things than other things. Sometimes, decluttering is an instant process and sometimes it is not. But I actually believe that, until the week before we move at least, there is no more decluttering to be done.
Actually, there is one more area being tackled as an ongoing process. Do you remember some 6 months ago that I was stockpiling the kitchen cupboards in preparation for the terrible Winter we were forecast which, in our neck of the woods at least, didn't happen? Well, the cupboards are still looking healthily stocked and I have started dwindling the supplies so to speak. It is mostly stuff like various forms of rice, quinoa and couscous, and pasta and baking ingredients. Heavy stuff that does not need to be carried up to Shropshire if it can be helped. They have shops in Shropshire, you know. Who'd have thought, eh?
Anyway, I thought I'd best check the freezer, too, for any peculiar inhabitants therein; don't want any surprises in our last week in Kent as I suspect by then that creative cookery will be pretty low on my list of priorities. The worst I could find was a plastic box of spiced red cabbage left over from Christmas 2015 and a third of a bag of cranberries left over from Christmas 2012. Not a great combination, not even with the addition of some giant couscous and coconut milk.
So, decluttering done. Which leaves me twiddling my thumbs. We have no more paperwork to do; everything is with solicitors, banks and surveyors. Got three more removal firms coming out tomorrow and then we can make a decision about which one to engage. Guess I'll have to do some sewing then!
Went to embroidery class yesterday morning and made an experimental butterfly.
It was a bit fiddly. I tried to use techniques I had already learned - buttonholed wired wings, soft slip covered in long stitch padding then couched and oversewn with raised stem band, padded satin stitch for the head. It is about 2 inches long and 3 inches wide, wing tip to wing tip. Don't ask my why I chose orange. Not a great fan of orange. Anyway, I am mostly pleased with how it turned out and when I attach it to whatever I am going to attach it to I'll add legs and antennae. Unless I feel inclined to fiddle about with covering wire and adding them separately.
Right - on with the day! Sunny here, though frosty to start. Have a good week, one and all!